Want to Study Abroad?: As IELTS, GRE and other options for all such exams can confuse students, to help them out, here are the top 5 international exams that are taken by students aspiring to study abroad.
1. GMAT = Graduate Management Admission Test
What it is and why do we need GMAT preparation coaching?
GMAT exam is meant to examine analytical writing and problem-solving abilities with critical reasoning skills and logic that are very important in real-world business and management success.
Purpose: Admission to a graduate management programme for example MBA.
Validity of score: Up to 5 years, although a few universities have their own validity criteria.
- The GMAT exam is offered on demand and all year long in cities throughout India
- The registration fee for taking GMAT is USD 250. You can report your score to up to 5 B-schools free of cost when you take the test, after that, after that you are charged additional fee per university to report the score.
- 360 college review is the best GMAT online coaching center in India.
2. GRE = Graduate Record Examination
What is GRE and what is the need for a GRE prep course?
Prospective graduates with sciences, liberal arts, engineering and business school from all over the world who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree, post-graduation, MBA, specialized Master’s degree in business or medical degree take the GRE Test.
Purpose: GRE test is usually required by universities in North America (USA and Canada). It can be a merely admission formality or a selection criterion for jobs as well.
Validity of score: up to 5 years after testing year.
- GRE course fee in India is affordable but different as per individual GRE training
- You’ll need a valid passport for being eligible for the exam.
- GRE exam dates in India – GRE test is conducted on most working days in India. You can take it any time of the year by taking an appointment with the best GRE online coaching center or even offline, but as there’s always a rush, it’s better to make the appointment in advance for better GRE exam preparation.
3. TOEFL = Test of English as a Foreign Language
What is the TOEFL test and why is the TOEFL preparation course needed?
The TOEFL test is just a simple standardized test to judge one’s English language abilities. Candidates who are willing to apply for universities abroad need TOEFL preparation course.
- Generally taken by non-native speakers of the language looking to enroll in international universities
- Several immigration departments of various countries use the score to issue work and residential visas.
Validity of score: Valid for up to 2 years.
- Choose 360 College Review, the best TOEFL coaching institute in India.
- The TOEFL course fee in India is way affordable and pocket friendly.
4. IELTS = International English Language Testing System
What it is?: IELTS is a standardized test to examine the language proficiency of people.
- To study or work in countries abroad. Where English is the main form of communication.
- Governments in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and many other countries use IELTS to process immigration applications. In fact, IELTS tests are now in the list of only two exams that is included on the UK government list of Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Validity of score: IELTS test is only valid for 2 years.
- The registration fee for taking IELTS is INR 14,000. You can report your score to up to 4 institutions free of cost when you take the test, after that, you are charged an additional fee per university to report the score.
- The 360 college review offers the best IELTS online course in India.
- After completing the registration for the test, you will receive an email with full exam details along with venue information approximately 5 days before the test.
5. SAT = Scholastic Assessment Test
What is SAT and why does one need SAT prep courses?
Examines a student’s academic propensity for college to enroll in under-graduation courses by testing the student’s knowledge of reading, writing, and mathematics.
Purpose: Entrance exam used by most institutions and universities in the US, Canada, India, and in many other countries to select students for admissions to undergraduate courses. The only reason candidates need SAT prep classes.
Reach: More than 2 million students from 175 countries take the SAT every year.
Validity of score: up to 5 years
- The test is attempted by around 13000 students every year in India
- The registration fee for taking SAT in India is USD 52 without an essay. An additional Non-US Regional fee of USD 49 and another registration-linked fee would be charged. For details on fee structure, you may visit https://www.collegeboard.org/.
- The SAT exam can be taken any number of times. It is monitored 7 times a year.